ANNOYED ALL THE TIME

DOCUMENTING ANNOYING THINGS ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Do I know this dude?

Ok, I've lost count of how many of these emails I've received:
That's what I get for signing up for sweepstakes using my REAL email address. Urrgh!!!


Good day,

My name is Mr. Chen Guangyuan, I
am a staff of Bank of China, Our
late client named Ghazi Musa
Hassan made a fixed deposit
amount of $17,300,000, he did not
declare any next of kin in any of
his papper work, I want you as a
foreigner to stand as the
beneficiary to transfer this
funds out of my bank into your
account, after the successful
transfer, we shall share in the
ratio of 30% for you and 70% for
me.

I want to assure you that all is
well planned as we shall do this
inline with all legal and banking
requirements. All i need from you
is your willingness, trust and
confidentiality so that we can
work together to achieve success.
Should you be interested please
send me the required information
below.

1, Full names,
2, private phone number,
3, current residential address

And I will prefer you reach me on
my private email address below:
chengguangyuan01@yahoo.com.hk

Sincerely,
Mr. Chen

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, 25 May, 2007, Blogger matt williams said…

    Girl thats 419, please be careful.

     
  • At Thursday, 14 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i just spam it without opening.

     
  • At Thursday, 14 June, 2007, Blogger Fergie said…

    I used to get these all the time as well. I once replied back, "what you are asking me to do is called money laundering and in my country it is illegal. I wants no part of it."

    They must have gotten the message, because I haven't gotten one in a while.

     
  • At Thursday, 14 June, 2007, Blogger Miss Snarky Pants said…

    LOL. You are not alone. I do as koolbreeze suggested and just list it as spam. No need for me to even open it.

     
  • At Sunday, 17 June, 2007, Blogger Lola Gets said…

    You know, Ive never gotten one of those emails before. But I did join EHarmony (booo) and they set me up with a Nigerian scam artist. And two American ones, but hey, whos counting!
    lol
    L

     

Post a Comment

<< Home